A Pink Princess House

Dreading the day when I have to deal with a house full of PMS'ing teenagers. For now I will cherish all the sweet things they say and do. I know all to well the hormonal roller coaster thats awaits me around the corner!

Monday, January 08, 2007

Long time no write!!!

Wow, I can't believe that half a year has gone by since I last wrote. So much has happened in the past six months, but for the life of me I can't remember any of it. Maybe it wasn't as important as I thought it was at the time.
Sarah has been sick for the past two months. Beginning of November started out with Strep throat after a week of antibiotics she was still very sick. Finally the new meds kicked in and did their job. Well for about two weeks, back to the doctors she went. Got better only to come back down with strep again a week before Christmas. She was better for Christmas and then the Friday before New years day she started coughing and then three days later ran 102 for three days. Which would only go away with the help of motrin. Last night she cried herself to sleep because her leg hurt. (both of my younger girls get leg cramps all the time) she woke in the middle of the night still crying over her leg, So I was very surprised when she woke up this morning and said her ear hurt. It only got worse from there. She screamed bloody murder for 2 hours straight and I felt so bad for her. The only appointment opening was 3 pm. So I gave her another dose of motrin 3 hours after her first. And finally after 2 hours of wanting to pull out every last strand of hair ( yes even the ones that aren't grey) she all of a sudden stopped crying, stood up and started singing and dancing along to the Backyardigans. After a trip to the doctors, the fith in 2 months, we found out she has a very bad ear infection and Bronchitis. Thank goodness I have been giving her those "make me bounce off the walls" breathing treatments. She could have ended up much worse then what she is.
Well its final. I have gotten rid of every baby item we own. I think in the back of my mind I wasn't ready to let go of these things. After our miscarriage in 2004. I really thought I would get pg again, but I didn't. We did try for a while and then we just kind of went on with our lives and said "whatever". I turned 36 last month and although a lot of women don't start having babies until now, I just don't think I can. We are so use to sleeping in on the weekends, no dirty diapers, bottles or sleepless nights. I do love the independence we have or shall I say as much as you can have when you have a 3 year old. I do miss having a baby, but my brother in law has 7 month old twin girls and by the end of the day with them, as cute and sweet as they are, gets rid of any babyities I have!

I will post more in a few days and add some pictures of my growing girls.

1 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger lightshines said...

Lana, it is so good to see an update from you. I check in every so often to see if you have posted. Boy, I hope Sarah stays healthy now. How miserable for all of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home