A Pink Princess House

Dreading the day when I have to deal with a house full of PMS'ing teenagers. For now I will cherish all the sweet things they say and do. I know all to well the hormonal roller coaster thats awaits me around the corner!

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Bye, bye bottle!

Ok just call me lazy. At two years old, Sarah was still getting a bottle. I tried to cut it down to 2 a day and I tried just giving her water.....didn't work , she would eventually end up haveing one hanging out of her mouth all day long and it was the only way to get her to sleep. So sweet to watch her lay there sucking on bottle twirling her hair..Then I had this flash of a five year old laying there, bottle in mouth twirling hair. Must say it wasn't a pretty sight, so Friday I decided it was time. She had gone most of the day without asking,when she did I told she didn't need one, so she asked for a cuppie.. I thought, hey this might be easy.......WRONG... She cried herself to sleep all the while screaming "Bottle",but only woke twice asking for one. yesterday she asked for one a couple of times, cried a litttle when told no, then went on her merry little way.. last night she screamed for 10 minutes and then that was it she slept all night long..It has been easier than I thought and am ashamed that I didn't do it sooner.
The next thing we will work on, is getting her out of our bed.She was always a good baby when it came to sleeping in her own bed. Then she started with the ear infections (7 since January) and has been in our bed since. No matter how big the bed, there just seems not to be much room and I am ready to have my side of the bed all to myself! Not to mention the damper it is putting on our "alone" time.

3 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Sarah!! Such a big girl now with no bottle. Good for you Lana. Will Sarah transition to a big girl bed or crib? We are thinking of setting up the toddler bed just to see how Dominic reacts. He still does very good in the crib.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger jomasmom said...

Stephanie, Dh thought it would be cool to turn her bed into a toddler bed.. I am thinking it is going to be harder this way. I do worry about Sarah's little antics and being able to get up undetected. No telling where she will end up at.. Madd went to a toddler bed when she was 2 1/2 and did great. Jordan never slept in a crib. It was just me and her so she was in bed with me til DH and I married..Even then she slept in our floor..So you can see why I am in a hurry to get Sarah into her own bed!

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lana I can't help u with this one ....We just throw Courtney's bottle away at 1 year it was the night of her first B-day party she was too young to fight with us much.......LOL 2 or 3 days and it was over. Her Bed was another story.. We bought her this cool toddler bed (I wanted it) looked like a dall house Santa brought it to her when she was 15mths and she NEVER slept in it wew tryed everything from crying to briving her nothing worked...........she slept with us till she was 5 going in kidergraten lol Just goes to show they (kids) have us right wehere they want us..........Good Luck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home