A Pink Princess House

Dreading the day when I have to deal with a house full of PMS'ing teenagers. For now I will cherish all the sweet things they say and do. I know all to well the hormonal roller coaster thats awaits me around the corner!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Changing seasons

By the end of every winter, I can't wait for summer and every Summer I can't wait til winter..I just hate the in-betweens! Today the high is going to be close to 90 and after the cold front moves through tonight, the high for tomorrow is going to be upper 50's low 60's.. With every season change I pull all the clothes out of storage. By all, I mean 12 thirty gallon totes. I know it's wrong for a person to have this many clothes. This is all kids clothes... My aunt has a grand daughter that is 2 years older than J and through out the years has sent her hand-me-downs home for J..Madd has worn them too, plus J's old clothes...Poor Sarah,By the time the clothes get to her , she looks like little orphan Annie! They are fine for around the house and there are some really great looking clothes that Madd had (Most of J clothes are ruined due to the fact that she thought she was a dog most of her toddler life, The knee of all her pants are proof of that)..... So I spent Sunday going through all the clothes, bagging up all my aunts clothes. Everything she has lent us is well worn or out of style and just plain ole taking up way to much space. Good thing is Sarah and Madd have winter clothes (madd might need a couple of things) bad thing is I brought in 2 thirty gallon totes of clothes to be washed and have only gotten one done and with summer clothes still not packed away I have no room left for the rest that needs to be washed and put away...My mom keeps urging me to put all the 0 to 2 years on e-bay. I just don't have any idea how to go about doing it...But I really don't want to have a yard sale.. I hate those things!! (not going to them , just having them).. LOL
I will prob. Be MIA for awhile. I am working on a scrap box for X-mas presents 5 in all. It is a wooden cigar box decorated and then the inside has 6 x 6 page protectors with scraped pages.Just to give you an idea here are a couple of pictures of the one my mom's friends made. The first picture is the decorated box. The 2nd is side A . the 3rd is the other side of pic #2. the next two pics are side one and side two of the next page..(ten page protectors in all)You then take a ribbon and feed it through the two hole at the top and tie it into a bow and you have flip pages. I am making one for my G-ma for Christmas using the red hat society papers and embellishments... I just made a 12x12 shadow box with a scrap page in it for my moms B-day and it turned out so cute and she loved it.. She is now having me make some for my aunt and who knows who else.. So I am going to be busy for a while, But hey I will get to spend lots of money on scrap stuff and I won't even have to use my own money.. LOL..I am almost done making my very first box and I hope to share some pics soon. That is if it turns out.

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see more pictures. That box looks very pretty.

As for the clothes, I too love hand me downs. I have a really hard time getting rid of clothes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home